How To Apply | Register For 2017 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation ( NHEF) Essay Competition Scholarship – Requirements And guidelines
This is to inform the general public that application is on for the 2017 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) third edition of essay competition scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduates who are in the 300 level of a four or five year programme in any recognized University in Nigeria.
The Competition Prizes
Grand prize winner of the 2017 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100,000 with a year of paid tuition. First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75,000 with a year of paid tuition. Second runner-up will be awardedN50,000 with a year of paid tuition.
Requirements/ How To Apply
No literary form other than an essay will be accepted.
• Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
• Essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary.
• Essays must be 2000 words in length, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page.
• Each essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID. The student’s registration ID# must appear at the header section of each page.
• Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
• References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
• All entries must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 15th , 2017.
Students are encouraged to study rules on how to avoid plagiarism as the essays will be checked for intellectual authenticity. This link contains a helpful guide.
- There is a problem with gender as it is today and we must do something to fix it.” Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “The Nigerian economy is achieving projected diversification for growth and development.” Discuss
- “The proliferation of online platforms is in constant tension with the right to privacy: one must give way for the other to thrive.”
- Submitted essays will become the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reprint the essays in its mediums and publications. Appropriate citations will be given to all the writers.*Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will verify enrollment of each contestant with the University Registrar.Application Deadline
Application End on the 15th of May 2017 by 11:59pm