The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE).
Italian Government Scholarships – The aim of these scholarships is fostering international cultural cooperation, spreading the Italian language, culture and science knowledge and promoting the economic and technological sectors of Italy all around the world.
According to this provision of the Act 288/55 and the rapid changes and additions and with a view to the implementation of cultural cooperation agreements and related Executive Programs, as well as the settlement agreement, the Administration of the agreement and specific agreements to support Special internationalization Projects and universities, research institutes and Higher Artistic Training Centers in Italy, the Ministry of foreign Affairs and International Cooperation awards scholarships to study in Italy, to two foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad (forms) for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
Italian Government Scholarships – The purpose of these scholarships is to foster international cultural cooperation, spreading the knowledge of the Italian language, culture and science, as well as promote Italian economic and technological systems throughout the world.
Scholarships are offered to conduct the study, training and research activities in Italian Higher Education Institutes (state-owned institutions or institutions legally recognized by the relevant State Government).
10th May 2017
Study in Italy: Italian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students 2017/2018
Scholarships can be awarded only for study/ research projects at institutions within the Italian public education and research system.
Fields of Study
• The second-level University courses (five degrees / Master of Science) (Lauren specialistica / Lauren Magistrale 2 ° Swirling Pools)
• degree courses (first and second Level)
• Ph.D courses
• specialization Schools
• Research under the education inspection
• courses of Higher Education in the Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM). Scuola Internazionale di Liuteria di Cremona. Scuola di Alta Formazione e Studio (SAF) of the Istituto Superiore per la Conservazione ed il Restauro (ISCR). Scuola Nazionale di Cinema
• courses of Italian language and culture
• Training / refresher courses for Italian language teachers
- Educational qualification required by the chosen institution (See Section III of the call for applications)
- Knowledge of Italian Language: candidates must possess a certificate of intermediate level in Italian (e.g. CILS B2, CELI 3, PLIDA B2 or INT.IT Roma Tre) or equivalent linguistic proficiency issued by a local organization or language school (e.g. Italian Cultural Institute, Dante Alighieri Society branch etc.). Applicants for enrolment in Advanced Courses on Italian language and culture must have at least an A2 level proficiency in Italian.
- Italian language knowledge is not required for applicants who enroll for university courses held entirely in English.
- Age limits: candidates who are younger than 18 y. o. (born not after 15 April 1998) or older than 35 y. o. (born not before 15 April 1981) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications, are not eligible. Candidates for Courses for teachers of Italian as second language (see above, section III, letter I) are eligible until they are 45 y. o. (born not before 15 April 1971) on the day of the deadline for the submission of the applications.
- Restrictions: Students enrolled in a year exceeding the legal duration of the course of study (the so-called “fuori corso”) are not eligible for scholarships.
Italian Government Scholarships – Normally, the scholarship holders are exempt from the payment of university tuition fees, in accordance with existing laws. However, the university, as part of their autonomy, allow such exemption. Candidates are recommended to contact the selected Institution to inform on tax or tuition fees.
For the sole time of scholarships by the Italian government, the scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and / or accident. Air tickets, except for Chilean citizens.
The scholarship duration can be three, six, or nine months.
Candidates may apply for a renewal progress or completed a multi-year road. A renewal can be made only if the applicant has passed the examination required in the previous year. No scholarship renewals are offered for students exceeding the legal duration of the course of study.